Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions?

Do you make New Year's resolutions?  I usually write in my journal once a year on New Year's day...but that is about it.

Do you make quilting resolutions?  I usually don't either...I just get "bit" by some fad I want to learn in the new year--so I suppose it is a resolution of sorts.  Then...my pile of UFO's (unfinished objects) grows.

So...I am announcing this year's probably UFO!!!  I am going to paper-piece more!  I've been bit by the paper-piecing craze and doing more blocks this year--which will probably end up in my UFO pile because we have a lot going on in our family's personal life right now.  Oh well!


In an ideal world, I would really like to finish a Midnight At the Oasis quilt (QAL on my side-bar), but we shall see.  I have some projects in the works that I can't quilt blog about yet...publishers!

Here is a picture of the pattern, courtesy of goneaussiequilting.blogspot.com
There are a lot of great projects on google images for this pattern.  I'm not sure if I want to do the "modern" gray back-ground or an Amish black or a traditional white/cream.  Hummm...decisions...decisions.  I'm tempted to do Amish black and use some leftover batiks from my Flying To Paradise Quilt (QAL on the top bar).

Well, good luck with all of your New Year's resolutions!  If you have a resolution to share, I'd love to hear it!  Just leave me a comment!

I think we can all resolve to buy more fabric!  I love this comic--shared from Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I would love to respond to you, so leave me an email if you would like a response or your website if you would like me to visit you! Happy Quilting!